PROCEDURE FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF INDONESIAN SEAFARERS TO FOREIGN FLAG VESSEL
1. Those overseas shipping companies intending to recruit Indonesian seafarers to work onboard their vessels shall contact and cooperate with :
- National shipping company of Indonesia which also acting as the recruiting agent; or
- Recruiting agent.
2. Indonesian national shipping company/recruiting agent will apply to the Indonesian Ministry of Man Power c.q. AKAN to obtain approval for the employment and transfer of Indonesian seafarers;
3. Following the approval from the Ministry of Man Power, the Indonesian national shipping company will contact the Indonesian Seafarers Union (Kesatuan Pelaut Indonesia/KPI) in respect of the legal protection and living standards of the seafarers.
4. For the purpose of the working contract, the overseas shipping company shall conclude Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) with KPI prior to the conclusion of individual working contract between the shipping company and the respective seafarers;
5. For the purpose of legalization of the seafarers, the Indonesian shipping company or Recruiting agent shall contact:
- Directorate General of Sea Communication of the Republic of Indonesia for the following:
- The issue/Extension/renewal of Seaman Books;
- Endorsement of Certificate of Competencies and Certificate of Proficiencies;
- Signing of Individual Working Contract
- Mustering of the seafarers;
- Endorsement of “Crew and Wages List”.
- Immigration Office to obtain approval of :
- Application of exit permit
- Application of free fiscal incentive.
- Foreign Embassy of the captioned vessel to obtain landing visa.
6. Shall the 5 (five) consecutive requirements be fulfilled, the Indonesian seafarers are liable to be departed to the foreign flag vessel overseas.